A great way to get information about colleges is to talk to the representatives that will be visiting BSHS. This is an opportunity to learn first-hand about universities that you may, or may not be familiar with. Below I have listed the Colleges/Military that will be on-site. Remember this is a perfect time for questions and answers! Not sure what you should be asking? I have a included a list of possible questions that are perfect conversation starters!
College Visits during all lunch periods:
- September 9 - KSTATE
- September 13 National Guard
- September 14 Pittsburgh State University and the Army
- September 20 Kansas University (KU)
- November 10 Fort Hayes University
- November 11 NW Missouri State University
- November 20 Avila University
Conversation starter questions:
- What are the admissions requirements?
- What SAT/ACT scores are acceptable? Are these scores more important than high school transcript?
- Would it be helpful to have letters of recommendation? What about a resume?
- Do extra-curricular activities and hobbies influence a student's chance of being accepted?
- What is the yearly cost of tuition and fees?
- What is the cost of living in a dormitory?
- What types of financial aid are available?
- Does the school have financial aid sources if a student is ineligible for Federal funds?
- How many dormitories are on campus?
- Does the college offer off-campus living?
- How many students share a room?
- What type of amenities are available (laundry, recreation space, online access for computers, etc.)?
- What organizations are on campus? Are these clubs related to major fields of study?
- What types of counseling services are offered to a freshman?
- Is peer counseling available?
- Is there a job placement service offered?
- Are there additional support services for students who have unique and unusual problems? For example, difficulty adjusting to campus life.
- Is tutorial assistance available?
- Is there a nurse or doctor on duty? To what extent can they help?
If you have any questions please feel free to stop by and see me!