Patricia G. Loomis
- American Sign Language Certification
Johnson County Community College, May of 2006
- Associates of Liberal Arts Degree
Johnson County Community College, December of 2007
- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education
University of Missouri - Kansas City, May of 2010
- Master’s Degree in Special Education (Currently working on at the University of Missouri - Kansas City).
- Shawnee Mission School District 2001-2007
I worked as a Paraprofessional at the Shawnee Mission School district, working with a variety of students with cross categorical disabilities.
- Caregiver for children with Autism 2001-present
I have been a Care-Giver for a young man with severe Autism for nine years now. I have helped him learn academically and socially and I have helped him to be successful in the community.
- Head Start of Bonner Springs, KS 2010-present
Family Service Advocate, working to meet the needs of the families at Head Start of Bonner Springs. I also work with the parents on goal setting and work with the students with any problems that they may have.
I am a single-mother of a ten year-old girl. We love spending time with each other and with our family and friends. We love to go to the movies, go shopping and we love to play the Wii.
I love learning about education. I also love learning about ways to motivate children to learn and ways to integrate technology into the classroom. I hope to one day have my PhD and teach education students how to be effective educators.
I am excited to be a part of the Head Start team. Being a Family Service Advocate has really showed me a different perspective of the education world. I love helping the students and families of Head Start. I can’t wait to see where my journey takes me!