Teacher Licensure

If you graduated from a Kansas college and need to apply for your first license, or need to add an endorsement after taking classes, contact the licensure officer at your college. This link contains a list of contacts and instructions for adding an endorsement to your existing Kansas Teaching License. 
If you are applying for a Kansas license from out of state, please visit this link.

Transition to Teaching

If you are interested in becoming a teacher, but did not get a degree in education, here are the colleges offering Transition to Teaching programs.

MNU: https://www.mnu.edu/graduate-aos/transition-to-teaching/

ESU: https://www.emporia.edu/teachers-college/field-placement-licensure/restricted-licensure/

FHSU: https://www.fhsu.edu/cert/

PSU: https://www.pittstate.edu/academics/academic-programs/teaching-and-leadership/teaching-secondary-education-masters-degree-alternative-licensure.html

WSU: https://www.wichita.edu/academics/applied_studies/School_of_Education/Programs/masters/T2T/T2T_index.php

Community Relicensure
Community members who are currently not employed by a Kansas School District work with their local school districts during the relicensure process. If you reside within USD 204, the steps to begin the relicensure process are outlined below. If you are not a resident of USD 204, please contact your local school district for their procedures.

Steps to begin the relicensure process:

Register with USD 204 using the Community Relicensure Registration Form.

You will be contacted with further information and directions within five business days.

If you have questions regarding the specific requirements for relicensure, please visit this website or contact KSDE's Teacher Education and Licensure Department directly at 785-296-2288.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.